Monday, September 14, 2009

Yes, we arrived home safely

Someone asked me today whether the trip is done and everyone is home, so I figured I had better post one more update. Fifteen of the sixteen students returned to the US and are moving on to their next projects (most are getting ready for the new school year to begin). The sixteenth student will be studying in Europe this fall, and arrived safely at the host university. Two of the three trip chaperons are also home in the US. Dr. Clark went directly to Jordan to work with some of his archaeology colleagues there for a week, but will be home soon.

We would like to thank all of our readers for your support and encouragement during the trip. It's nice to know that people at home care about what we're doing. I will probably make one more post to the blog later this week if I can figure out an exact version of the recipe for the bread that Amanda and I learned to bake. Unfortunately the recipe we got was along these lines, "Well, you put in some flour and yogurt and a bit of water ...." It ended with baking the bread for five minutes in the oven, but no one could tell me how hot the oven should be other than that they could let me look in and feel how hot it was. So this will take some experimentation. I think the idea of having an exact recipe for something was quite foreign to the people we talked with, so I'm going to try to create something that Americans would find a little more user-friendly. If I'm able to replicate what they made (and that's definitely not a "sure thing") I'll pass it on to all of you. We've already tried searching on the internet and haven't come up with anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment